01 January, 2011
- When do we collect data?
We may collect personal information from you when you do the following through our Websites:
- order products and subscriptions from us;
- register as a user on one or more of our Websites;
- provide content through our online communities;
- register to receive our newsletters; and
- contact us with a question or complaint.
- What personal information do we collect from you?
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- postal address;
- phone number (land line, mobile and fax);
- credit or debit card details; and
- email address.
- What do we do with your personal information?
When you give us any personal information as indicated above, we use your personal information to:
- enable you to use any services that we may from time to time provide through the Websites;
- enable you to become a registered user on one or more of our Websites;
- process your transaction or subscription and correspond with you accordingly;
- provide you with information about our products and services, our latest news or special offers which may be of interest to you unless you opt to be excluded from these communications;
- track activity on our Websites for market research purposes so that we can improve the usefulness and content of the Websites but, in carrying out such activity, we use the personal information in aggregate and on an anonymous basis;
- stop you posting or sending offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on our Websites or where you otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the Websites. This may involve informing relevant third parties such as your employer, e-mail/Internet provider and law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour; and
- for Website administration (including enabling us to respond to any comments on the Websites or feedback you may give us).
- To whom do we pass your personal information?
We may share personal information collected via the Websites within our corporate group including William Reed Holdings Limited, William Reed Business Media Ltd and William Reed Hospitality Limited. Otherwise, we will only disclose personal information to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, successors in title to our business and suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf.