Wells & Young’s employee talks continue

10 December, 2010

Bedford brewer Wells & Young’s is continuing consultations with employees after the end of its contracts with Red Stripe and Corona.

A spokeswoman told OLN that the brewer was “currently in individual consultation – this means that everyone affected is at different stages”.

Nigel McNally, managing director, said: “Following the termination of the Red Stripe and Corona contracts, we announced that roles would be at risk. A complete review of the company and restructure was proposed which identified that up to 60 roles would be at risk.

“Over the past month and a half we’ve been in consultation with affected people.

“Some people have taken voluntary redundancy or transferred to the new distributors, and we continue to work with our people to mitigate the number of compulsory redundancies. We believe the final number will be less than the 60 previously announced.”?Wells & Young’s had a deal to distribute Corona Extra for 15 years and Red Stripe for 30 years, but it was announced when the two deals come to an end in 2011 that they will return to Grupo Modelo and Diageo respectively (OLN Oct 15).




Bookmark this


Site Search

COMMENT

Welcoming the wine rookie

It’s all true. Wine writers loaf around in a state of partial inebriation and partial undress, bitching about having to taste free wine all day and using recondite words like malolactic, terroir and recondite. 

Click for more »
Upcoming events

Polls

Is blended Scotch overshadowed by single malt in retailers?

  • Yes
  • No
  • Don't know

Facebook

Twitter